Remote Learning Information For Parents
Remote Learning Update
Well Done To Our Parent Teachers!
Oxford Owl eBook Library Information for Parents
Reading Planet Online eLibrary for KS2
As part of our commitment to supporting pupils during this school closure, we have decided to gradually move to using Google Classroom as a platform to communicate with pupils and to set daily home learning tasks. Google Classroom is a safe and secure place to receive and share learning and will allow pupils to connect with school staff and their classmates. We have decided to move onto Google Classroom as it will be far easier for students to complete and submit work digitally and be provided with feedback from their teachers. It will also allow staff to provide more personal learning opportunities and send videos to explain how to complete tasks. We hope that children will find learning on Google Classroom more engaging and parents/carers can login and view: assignments that have been set, whether their child has completed and submitted the work and any feedback that they may have received.
Children in Years 1 to 6 have been set up with an account, which is accessed by their email address and password.
- If your child does not have access to a device to support online learning, please contact school to see how we can support you with this.
- There will be strict guidelines in relation to E-Safety and safeguarding whilst using Google Classroom. For more information about E-Safety please see our pupil agreement below and our E-Safety page on the website in the parents section.
- Teachers will be available to support online learning via Google Classroom between 8.50am and 3.15pm. Parents can also request a telephone call if necessary between these hours.
- If your child does not engage with online learning, you will be contacted by a member of school staff to support your child to access their learning.
Please bear with us as we adapt to this new way of working, which we are certain will provide the best quality of education for your children, while they are at home. If you have any further questions, please phone or email the school office.
Here are some online links that may support you:
- YouTube Video on how to turn in work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lrTEup2wDQ
- Google Help + Common Questions: https://support.google.com/edu/classroom/#topic=6020277