Thank you for visiting our class page.
Click on our subject links below to find out what we have been learning about.
Mr Charlton, Miss Booth and Mrs Booth
Welcome to the wonderful world of Year 6, where we work hard, achieve our best, but most of all have fun.
This half term (Spring 2) we are becoming spies like Alex Rider - creating our own gadgets and inventing villains to defeat!
We have learnt so much about the Vikings and their invasion and raiding of Lindisfarne in 793 AD
We even know that the word Viking means Pirate Raider.
Remember – you are awesome and amazing. Year 6 might be hard work but we will have so much fun along the way!
Here is our classroom:
Each Half Term we focus on a different author - reading lots of their books!
- Your child must wear correct school uniform every day.
- Please ensure that your child reads their reading book for 10 minutes every night and they log this in their planners.
- Instead of completing project books, Year 6 will be given a piece of Maths and Grammar homework every Thursday, which will be based on our current learning. They will also be set homework on Google Classroom for our current topic. All homework is expected to be completed and handed in on the following Tuesday. Children will earn raffle tickets for each piece to win prizes at the end of the half-term. If children need support with their homework, please ask them to come and see us on a Friday or a Monday.
- Our P.E session will take place on a Tuesday. Your child will need to come to school wearing their P.E kit: white top, black shorts/leggings/tracksuit bottoms, school jumper and trainers/pumps. Football kits, hoodies and colourful outfits are not allowed. Please ensure that your child removes any earrings for P.E and any long hair is tied back.
- Reading books and planners should be brought into school in a book bag or drawstring bag. Please do not bring any large bags or rucksacks into school as we have limited storage space in our building.