Thank you for visiting our class page.
Click on our subject links below to find out what we have been learning about.
Miss Booth and Mrs Booth
Welcome to Year 6 - Transition Information
Welcome to the wonderful world of Year 6, where we work hard, achieve our best, but most of all have fun.
We are so excited to begin our learning journey with you which will include venturing through the exotic jungles of Indonesia, the ancient kingdom of Benin and the magical world of Oz. You will take on missions with Bear Grylls, become spies like James Bond and have the opportunity to become extreme thrill-seekers on our fun-filled residential to Robinwood. Whilst Year 6 can seem daunting due to the challenges of SATs and transition to high schools, you can rest assured that we will be preparing and supporting you every step of the way.
Remember – you are awesome and amazing and together we are going to make some fantastic memories.
We look forward to getting to know you all in September.
Here are some photos of our Year 6 classrooms.
- Please ensure that your child reads their reading book for 10 minutes every night and they log this in their planners.
- Instead of completing project books, Year 6 will be given a piece of Maths and Grammar homework every Thursday, which will be based on our current learning. This is expected to be completed and handed in on the following Tuesday. Children will earn raffle tickets for each piece to win prizes at the end of the half-term. If children need support with their homework, please ask them to come and see us on a Friday.
- Our P.E session will take place on a Thursday. Your child will need to bring their kit in with them on a Thursday and it will need to go home with them to be washed. Please ensure that your child removes any earrings for P.E.
- Your child will need to bring a water bottle each day to school and a washable coat. They should not bring any bags other than if they are on packed lunches (which should be in a disposable bag) and their PE kit on a Thursday.
- Please can any Robinwood payments be given straight to Miss Booth or Mrs Booth in order for us to update your green card.