This half term, our overall focus is Geography.
We are focusing on our knowledge of the World.
We are learning:
- To know there are different maps and know their uses.
- To know the meanings of map vocabulary.
- To know what most of the ordnance survey symbols stand for.
- To know how to use 6-figure grid references.
- To know about time zones and work out time differences.
- To know the names of and locate some of the world’s deserts and mountains.
- To know the names of some countries in the northern and southern hemispheres.
We worked in groups to work out the meanings of different OS Symbols.
Can you locate 10 countries from our Alphabet of Nations song?
Good luck - remember there are prizes to be won.