Friends of St. Paul's
With so many new families and their children joining our school each year we are trying our very hardest to get everybody involved in the life of the school. In particular, we are trying to recruit as many new parents/carers into our 'Friends of St. Paul's' group which is predominantly concerned with helping to raise money for the school fund and supporting in the running of school events. As we are a growing school, we have a wide range of families from diverse backgrounds which is what makes our school so fantastic! With this in mind, we need to take into account the times at which we can hold meetings and social gatherings in order to allow as many people to be able to come along as possible. In some schools the parent group are so successful that the school staff are very much there to support the parents in their endeavours.
We will send out texts and post on the website the dates of any meetings and social gatherings along with any minutes taken and decisions made.
We would love to see you at these meetings, we try to have tea and coffee available and a lovely selection of biscuits.
Thanks you for your continuing support.
Mrs J Rowley
Minutes of the meeting held on 14th November 2021
Thank you to those parents who attended the meeting last Thursday. The agenda items discussed were:
- Welcome to the group.
- The Christmas Grotto
- Planned changes to the way we hold this year's Christmas fund raising events.
- Christmas Donation days.
- Christmas Raffle
- Any Other Business
Minutes of the meeting:
- Mrs Hick welcomed the group and explained that the aim of Friends of St Paul's is to support school in planning, organising and holding fundraising and social events in school. Apologies were given from parents/carers and friends of the school who were unable to attend the meeting but who wished to be involved helping at any forthcoming events.
- This year's Christmas Grotto will take place from 6th -10th December. It was agreed that this would once again be a fund raising event and tickets would be sold. The friends of St Paul's offered to help decorate the grotto and to help staff the event.
- Mrs Hick explained that school have decided that, in the interests of health and safety, this year we will not hold the Christmas Fair in its traditional form. Instead, school would host two after school Christmas events. The first will be a Christmas Games Night. This will be a ticketed event and will incorporate the traditional games which we would normally hold at the Christmas Fair such as: Lucky Dip and Splat The Rat. Children will be able to purchase tickets to play each game at a small cost. The second event will be a Christmas Tombola Event. The Friends of St Paul's group agreed that this was a sensible step as the last Christmas Fair was very crowded and with the increased numbers of families now in school and the limited amount of space in the hall, a traditional style fair would be too crowded. The group also agreed to help at the event and that they would encourage other parents and carers to offer their support.
- It was agreed that donation days would be held as on previous years to acquire the items needed to hold the tombola events. It was agreed that we would simply ask for donations to be brought in on designated days.
- The friends asked that school organise for the school Learning Council to write a letter requesting donations for the school raffle which could then be taken to local shops and businesses to gather donations for the raffle.
- The Friends requested that school organise a Bingo night as soon as possible as this is a very popular after school fund raising event.
The meeting ended with an agreement to hols a meeting after the half term holiday to begin organising these events.
Minutes of Meeting Held on November 28th 2019
Next Meeting Wednesday November 13th at 5.30 pm.
- Planning and discussing the arrangements for this year's Christmas Fair.
If you would like to be involved in this fantastic annual fundraising event or have some new ideas for stalls or games that we can include in the Fair then please come along. The more people we have to help run the fair the more stalls and games we can put on so all help will be appreciated.
Minutes Of the Meeting held on Thursday 17th October 2019
Next Meeting Thursday 17th October 5.30 pm
- Planning the arrangements for the forthcoming after school cinema event planned for next half term.
- Setting dates for Christmas Fair meetings.
- Any other business.
Meeting Held On Tuesday 17th September 2019
Thank you to everyone who attended our first meeting of the 2019-2020 academic year. There were lots of great ideas for forthcoming fundraising events as well as some fun ideas for more social occasions. We are looking forward to the next meeting after half term.
FOSP - Summer fair meeting 2019
Thursday 4th July @ 5.30pm
Please feel free to come along, meet other parents/carers and put your ideas forward. All welcome
Thank you top everyone who attended last night's meeting- we had a great turn out.
A big thank you for all the fantastic suggestions that were made regarding both existing and new events for 2019-2010.
We will hold another meeting in September at the start of the new academic year (date to be confirmed soon.)