This half-term, we are learning to:
Count forwards or backwards in steps of integers, decimals, powers of 10
Read, write, order and compare numbers up to 10 000 000 and determine the value of each digit
Identify the value of each digit to three decimal places
Order and compare numbers including integers, decimals and negative numbers
Round any whole number to a required degree of accuracy
Round decimals with three decimal places to the nearest whole number or one or two decimal places
Multiply and divide numbers by 10, 100 and 1000 giving answers up to three decimal places
Use negative numbers in context, and calculate intervals across zero
We will then use our knowledge to solve reasoning and problem solving questions.
Answer the following questions.
Bring your answers into class to receive a reward.
1) What is the value of the 6 in 5,360,219?
2) Write in figures thirty million, four hundred and fifty six thousand and eleven.
3) What is 15,725 rounded to the nearest ten, hundred and thousand?
4) Write these numbers in order of size, starting with the smallest.
1.01 1.001 1.101 0.11
5) Put the correct symbol, < or > in each space:
3.03 ___ 3.3
0.37 ___ 0.327