As I’m sure you will appreciate, we are currently dealing with a complex and rapidly changing situation. Our first priority will always be the health and safety of the pupils and staff in our school. Now more than ever, this remains our primary focus. Already in school we have increased hygiene measures which we put in a letter you.
This is an entirely unprecedented situation and we are following official advice from the government and the NHS. This advice is being added to on a daily basis and we are monitoring and responding to that as it is published. This official advice will underpin all the actions we take.
Guidance re self-isolation
If pupils or staff develop new symptoms of either type below, then the guidance states self isolation for 7 days.
·new continuous cough and/or
- high temperature
Key messages from the website are below
- if you have symptoms of coronavirus infection (COVID-19), however mild, stay at home and do not leave your house for 7 days from when your symptoms started.
- this action will help protect others in your community whilst you are infectious.
- plan ahead and ask others for help to ensure that you can successfully stay at home.
- ask your employer, friends and family to help you to get the things you need to stay at home.
- stay at least 2 metres (about 3 steps) away from other people in your home whenever possible.
- sleep alone, if that is possible.
- wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, each time using soap and water.
- stay away from vulnerable individuals such as the elderly and those with underlying health conditions as much as possible.
- you do not need to call NHS111 to go into self-isolation. If your symptoms worsen during home isolation or are no better after 7 days contact NHS 111 online. If you have no internet access, you should call NHS 111. For a medical emergency dial 999.
We, as a school, are following all the guidelines from the Local Authority, Public Health England and the Government. We will as always keep all our school community up to date with any information as it unfolds each day.
Thank you for your continuing support.