Welcome to Chestnut 2:
A huge welcome from Miss Barrow and Mrs Booth! We cannot wait to meet you!
Welcome to the wonderful world of Year 6, where we work hard, try our best, but most of all have fun!
We are so excited to begin our learning together, we will venture through exotic jungles, the ancient kingdom of Benin and the magical word of Oz. You will go on missions with Bear Grylls, become super spies like James Bond and have the opportunity to become extreme thrill-seekers on our fun-filled residential to Robinwood.
Even though Year 6 can seem daunting due to the challenges of SATs and the transition to high school, rest assured we will prepare you every step of the way.
We are going to have an amazing year together, making lots of fun and long lasting memories. We cannot wait to get to know you all and begin this journey together.
- Your child must wear correct school uniform every day.
- Please ensure that your child reads their reading book for 10 minutes every night and this is recorded in their planner.
- Instead of project books, Year 6 will be given a piece of Maths and Grammar homework every Thursday, which will based on our current learning. All homework is expected to be completed and handed in on the following Tuesday to a high standard. Should any children need support with this, please ask them to come and see us on a Friday or Monday lunch time. Children will earn raffle tickets for each piece of homework to win prizes at the end of the half term.
- Our P.E is on a Tuesday afternoon. Your child will need to arrive at school in their P.E kit: white top, black shorts/leggings/tracksuit bottoms, school jumper, and trainers/pumps. Football kits, hoodies and colourful outfits are not allowed. Please ensure that your child removes any earrings for P.E. and any long hair is tied back.
- Reading books and planners should be brought into school in a St Paul's book bag or drawstring bag. Please do not bring any large bags or rucksacks into school as we have limited storage space in our classroom.