Common noun = person, place or thing that doesn’t need a capital letter e.g. woman, sweet, tablet, city.
Proper noun = person, place or name of something that starts with a capital letter e.g. Bob, Dr Doolittle, IPad, Liverpool.
Adjective = describing word
Verb = doing word (often ends in ‘ing’)
Next to each common noun – write a proper noun.
Football team ___________________
Use a thesaurus and write next to each adjective two more.
e.g. Pretty Beautiful Stunning
Add a verb to complete these sentences.
- I went to the swimming pool and s_________ 20 lengths.
- In netball I p_________ the ball to my team mates.
- When I play football I d______ in-between my opponents.
- I went to the library and saw a lot of children r_______ books.
- On Thursdays I enjoy w_________ the lava lamp bubble.
- On Sports’ Day I r______ as fast as I can.
- The doctor w________ a prescription.
- Mrs Ashdown b___________ a ticket to see Beyonce.
- Millie likes to b________ raspberries.
- When I go to watch a basketball game I c________ loudly for my team.