Week 7 History Task
L.O: To know how to analyse and describe Anglo Saxon artefacts.
Archaeologists and historians have an important role in helping us to understand what life was like in Anglo-Saxon Britain. This, in turn helps us to understand how the Anglo-Saxons shaped the world in which we live today.
Looking at artefacts and forming conclusions about life in Anglo-Saxon Britain is important because:
- We can learn from the success and mistakes of the people.
- We can develop and refine new forms of art and technology by examining how and why things were done in the Anglo-Saxon times.
- It can help us to develop a sense of perspective and belonging as we understand our place in the chronology of British history.
- We can examine the relationships and interactions between Anglo-Saxon groups and societies and compare and contrast them with how we live today.
Today we are going to be historians, examining evidence from Anglo-Saxon Britain. I would like you to have a look at each artefact and answer these questions:
- What do you think the object is?
- Who do you think would have used it?
- Where was the object found or came from originally?
- What is it made of?
- What can it teach us about Anglo-Saxon life?
- Any other observations?