Look at the picture below.
This is another picture from the Flotsam story.
This week we are going to be thinking about non-fiction writing.
I want you to imagine you are a scientist who studies underwater places and sea creatures.
Make a fact file of information about the picture above.
As this is a made up picture from our story, your facts can be made up or if you have access to the internet you could research some facts.
- Can measure up to 3m long
- Squids are various colours including red, green, purple and black.
- They can be deadly to other creatures and humans.
- They live in depths from 6m to 700m.
- Most squid like to live deep in the ocean where there is little light.
- Squid like to live near rocks, seaweed and sea anemones where they can hide from their prey.
You could include some of these sub headings:
- Different types of squid
- Fun facts