Activity One- Make a batch of Mama Panya’s Pancakes
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 2 cups of cold water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp crushed red chili pepper flakes
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients with a fork.
- Preheat a nonstick pan at a medium to low setting.
- Ladle 1/4 cup of batter into the center of the pan. Tilt the pan to spread the batter to about the size of a grapefruit.
- Cook until you see tiny bubbles in the pancake, then gently flip it over.
- When the second side begins to pop up from the heat, the pancake is ready.
Activity Two-place some flour or salt on a baking tray and practise forming some of your letters.
Activity three- Make your own hut like those found in the story.