Statement, command, question or exclamation?
Statements - Statements are sentences which tell you something. They end with a full stop.
Questions - Questions are sentences that ask you something. They usually end with a question mark.
Commands - Commands are sentences that tell you to do something. They are often urgent or angry and can be very short.
Exclamations - Exclamations are sentences that begin with ‘what’ or ‘how’. They are full sentences, include a verb and end with an exclamation mark.
Identify what type of sentence
- Is it cold outside?
- How kind of him to do that!
- Climb up that tree.
- “What a nice young man!” shouted Anne.
- It is great fun going to the park.
- A puppy will grow up to be a dog.
- Should you really eat 7 chocolate bars?
- Get down from the roof!
Write your own command, exclamation, question and statement sentences.