Week 2 Science Task
LO: To know the changes in human development.
Our new Science topic is: Animals Including Humans. It is such a fun topic and I have all sorts of learning that you can do at home.
Firstly, have a think about what you already know about this topic and what you would like to know. If you have a pen and paper then you could write this down and show me when we are back in school!
We can study human growth in lots of different ways, physically, emotionally, socially and psychologically. Scientists can study the physical changes that can happen in human development. Have a look at this timeline of human development:
Can you match these statements to the correct stage of development?
- This stage of development is when the baby is formed to the time of birth.
- This is the last stage of human development and takes place after the age of 60. There is no physical growth although mental development is possible. The body declines in fitness and health.
- This stage of development takes place between 40 and 59 years of age. Both male and female ability to reproduce declines with age.
- During this stage you will see a large growth spurt.
- This stage of development takes place from the ages of 18/19 to 39. The human body is at
its peak of fitness and strength. There is still some growth but not of height. This is the age at which most humans reproduce. Humans are able to take care of their physical needs completely independently.