Common noun = things, names, places and people.
Proper noun = as above but words that need capitals.
Adjective = describing word
Verb = doing word (often ends in ‘ing’)
Adverb = Describes the verb (doing word) e.g. Swam quickly, hopped slowly.
Write four common nouns beginning with P
Write four proper nouns beginning with P
Write an adjective next to each letter:-
Circle the verbs and underline the adverbs in these sentences
- Jack quickly dribbled passed his opponent.
- Finlay kindly pulled down the chairs in year 3.
- Catherine neatly brushed her hair.
- Rosie accurately scored 3 goals in netball.
- Joseph swiftly ran the 100m race.
- Mya carefully carried in her 8 teddy bears to school.
- Harriet played the piano sweetly.
- Sarah skilfully sewed her puppet.
- Nikan cleverly solved the maths problem.