Common noun = person, place or thing that doesn’t need a capital letter e.g. woman, sweet, tablet, city.
Proper noun = person, place or name of something that starts with a capital letter e.g. Bob, Dr Doolittle, IPad, Liverpool.
Adjective = describing word
Verb = doing word (often ends in ‘ing’)
Colour blue = common noun –
Colour red = proper noun. (watch out there are a few trick words)
Ipod hamster Mrs Williams blonde
picture phone Queen chair
grey Pizza Express down Moshi Monster
Write an adjective next to each letter:-
Circle the verbs in these sentences
- The Liverpool manager and Manchester United manager were arguing.
- Jenny threw the ball to Jessica.
- They caught the train.
- The Liverpool Eye moved slowly.
- Big Ben struck 12.
- Paddy jumped on the trampoline.
- Mrs Fallon took a photograph.
- Miss Houlton cheered form the side-line.
- Mrs Stanbury played on the piano.
- Mrs Ashdown ate chocolate.