This half term, we will be learning all about the Vikings.
Just like we do in school at the start of a new topic, we need to think about what we already know and what we would like to know.
Write down 5 facts that you already know about the Vikings.
Write down 5 questions that you would like to know about the Vikings.
For us to understand who they were, we need to understand what life was like in Britain at the time.
Before the Viking invasion, the Anglo-Saxons had invaded and settled in Britain.
I know you should have learned about the Anglo-Saxons during Year 5, so today we are going to recap what you should already know about them.
LO: To know what life was like during Anglo-Saxon times.
Use the information above or your own research to write a non-chronological report about the Anglo-Saxons.
It must have at least 3 paragraphs.
Here is your success criteria:
* Bold title that covers the whole subject
* Brief introduction paragraph to explain what your report is about
* Organise your information into paragraphs with sub-headings
* Some information may be in fact boxes or bullet-point lists
* Ensure that you only write facts
* It is a historical report, so should be in the past tense
* Technical vocabulary may be explained in a glossary
* Needs to be in the third person and be formal
You could add in pictures or drawings with captions to your work.
Here is an example from last year.
If you would like to do some more research or Anglo-Saxon activities, take a look at this website: https://www.english-heritage.org.uk/members-area/kids/anglo-saxon-england/