Model verbs are verbs that cannot usually work alone. They are used with a main verb – remember a verb is a doing word.
Here are some model verbs:
might will should can
mightn’t won’t shouldn’t can’t
Use these words to complete each of these sentences. You can use a word more than once if you need to.
- Pasha ___________ try her hardest at school.
- He is so tired, he __________ keep his eyes open.
- Tom is a great footballer. He __________even play in goal!
- If she keeps trying hard, she __________ just have a chance.
- He is still learning. He __________ do his shoe laces up just yet.
- You _________ hurt people or steal things.
- When you have finished eating, you _________ wash your plate.
- When they get there, they _________ find it waiting for them.