This week's spelling rule is words that contain the letter string 'ough'.
This is one of the trickiest spelling rules as there are 7 different sounds for the spelling rule 'ough'.
1. The first way is like 'uff' in the word rough.
2. The second way is like 'ow' in the word plough.
3. The third was is like 'oa' in the word dough.
4. The fourth way is like 'off' in the word cough.
5. The fifth way is like 'aw' in the word bought.
6. The sixth way is like 'oo' in the word through.
7. The seventh way is like 'uh' in the word thorough.
Please practice your 20 spellings for this week using the look, say, cover, write and check approach.
You will be tested on these on Friday.