Thursday 21st January
LO: To know ow to answer CLIMB questions.
C – Which two adjectives describe the horseshoe on the bottom of page 36?
L – On page 38, find a word or a phrase that shows the items in the scrap yard were old.
I – How do you think the Iron Man felt as he came up from the ground after being buried? Give a reason.
M – What does the author mean by ‘it was an Iron Man’s heaven’?
B – What is the picture, on page 38, showing?
Today we are also going to be practicing our inference style questions. Inference questions ask about the meaning of a line, paragraph, or even an entire passage. The ideas being asked about are not directly stated in the text, which means we have to use our knowledge of the book to help us answer inference questions.
MISS TAYLOR'S 3 TOP TIPS TO ANSWERING AN INFERENCE QUESTION
1. Read the question carefully and understand what you are being asked.
2. Make sure you understand the main idea of the line/ paragraph/ chapter.
3. Use the question as a way of starting your answer.
INFTERENCE PRACTICE QUESTIONS
1. What do you think it means when the Iron Man’s eyes turn red? Chapter 3 page 39.
2. What do you think it means when the Iron Man’s eyes turn green? Chapter 1 page 18.
3. What do you think I means when the Iron Man’s eyes turn blue? Chapter 3 page 39.
4. Why did the family, who were eating the picnic, run away?
5. Do you think the Iron Man has forgive Hogarth by the end of chapter 3? Give your reasoning.