Today, we are going to read a new text.
I am not going to tell you what the text is about, you need to use your prediction skills.
Prediction = using information from a text and own experiences to anticipate what the text will be about.
Today, our objective is to predict events from a text.
A bubo is a painful swelling.
Pitied means to feel sorry for.
Task 1: Now you have read the text twice, answer the following questions in full sentences on some paper.
1) What do you think is going to happen to Aunt Neil? What evidence do you have to support this?
2) Who is at the door?
3) Why is the person at the door wearing those specific clothes? What is about to happen?
4) Write a few sentences to continue the story – include an unexpected twist.
Task 2: Think of 1 synonym for each of the following words (each word is in bold):
A synonym is a word that has the same or nearly the same meaning.
- Hurried down the stairs
- A long, loose garment
- It was made of soft leather
- I pitied him with all my heart