Today, please ask an adult to test you on this week's spelling rule - words that contain the letter string 'ough'.
(You can do this on any piece of paper at home.)
Don't forget the rule we have been practising:
There are 7 different sounds for the spelling rule 'ough'.
1. The first way is like 'uff' in the word rough.
2. The second way is like 'ow' in the word plough.
3. The third was is like 'oa' in the word dough.
4. The fourth way is like 'off' in the word cough.
5. The fifth way is like 'aw' in the word bought.
6. The sixth way is like 'oo' in the word through.
7. The seventh way is like 'uh' in the word thorough.