During Autumn Term 2 we will be focusing on securing our number knowledge on multiplication and division Some of the topics we will cover are:
- Recall multiplication and division facts for the multiplication tables up to 12 x 12.
- Using place value and known facts to multiply and divide by 0, 1, 10 and 100.
- Investigating what happens when three digits are multiplied together.
- Recognise and use factor pairs and commutativity in mental calculations.
- Multiply two-digit and three-digit numbers by a one-digit number using a formal written layout.
- Solving word problems using all of the above.
During Autumn Term 1 we have been learning about number and place value. Some of the topics we have covered are:
- Reading and writing numbers up to 10 000.
- Count on and back in 1s, 10s or 100s from any number up to 10 000.
- Ordering and comparing a set of numbers beyond 1000.
- Rounding any number to the nearest 10, 100 or 1000.
- Counting backwards through zero to include negative numbers.
- Adding numbers with up to 4 digit using formal written methods of columnar addition.
- Subtracting numbers with up to 4 digit using formal written methods of columnar subtraction.
- Solving number and practical problems that involve all of the above.
Click here for more information.